Hi, I'm Matteo
I am PhD candidate at LUISS Guido Carli University (Rome), visiting fellow at Harvard University (Massachusetts, MA) and member of the Council for European Studies (CES) at Columbia University. My PhD is focused on the study of institutional capacities to face crises and global challenges, development of political institutions and their adaptability.
I am also part of international networks and initiatives:
- Co-Founder - World Nexus
World Nexus is a club for students and young experts of international relations, diplomacy and global politics
- Political Science Editorial Committee - EuropeNow
EuropeNow is the new online monthly journal by CES
- Coordinator Junior Research Group - TAB Risk
TAB is a network which gathers together diplomats and experts of international studies
- Member of DemocracyNet.eu
An association of researchers from various places and disciplines engaged in democracy studies.
PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Understanding the crisis of democracy (ENG), paper presented for the Annual Conference of the Italian Society of Political Science, Milan, 17 Sept. 2016.
- Democracy and citizenship in a global world in “Sinderesi: fondamenti di etica pubblica”, GBPress, 2012.
Research project for Centro Universitario Cattolico (grant by the Italian Conference of Bishops) 2015-2018:
- The need for Institutional Social Responsibility (ENG, Chapter), Aracne Editore, 2018
The purpose of what I call "Institutional Social Responsibility" is to change our understanding of policymaking and economic policy by an important normative methodological move that we have not yet seen until today. The same normative move that has been used in the evolution of the market economy and private business models towards the Corporate Social Responsibility in the field of political economy and models of governance. (M. Laruffa - September 2017)
On the European integration and the economic governance of the EU:
- The unresolved problems of the European Fiscal Rules and their political, social and economic impact, (ENG), paper selected for the Annual conference “How Can We Govern Europe?” with Pier Carlo Padoan (Italian Minister for Economy and Finances), Federica Mogherini (High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy), Pierre Moscovici (European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs). Italian Parliament, Rome, 17-18 Nov. 2016. The paper presented at the Kaldor Conference 2016, Corvinus University of Budapest (30 Sept. 2016) and Fourth annual PhD forum, Law and Governance in a Crisis-Ridden European Union, The Netherlands Institute for Law and Governance (NILG), VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (17 Nov. 2016).
- A study of resilience of the European Union (ENG), for the 23rd International Conference of Europeanists Columbia University, Philadelphia (Pennsylvania), April 2016.
- Muslim communities in Europe in “Religion and politics”, GBPress, Fabruary 2016.
- Fiscal Reform Act and Emergency Economic Strategic Plans: Redesigning the European Economic Governance (ENG), paper for the Annual forum 2015, Progressive Economy, June 2015, European Parliament (Bruxelles).
-European identity and national interests from an intergovernmental model to a Constitutional Agreement (ENG), Hungarian Academy of Sciences, July 2014.
- The European economic governance: problems and proposals for institutional innovations (ENG), JOURNAL FOR A PROGRESSIVE ECONOMY, June 2014.
-Defending minorities, Christians in the Middle East (ENG), in “A Changing Humanity. Fast-paced living as a new model of being”, GBPress, December 2016.
-The just war doctrine and the Church's social teaching: On the implications of fully autonomous weapons, paper presented at the University of Matera, 1 September 2016. It has been accepted for the next issue of Notes et Documents.
-La persona e la pace nelle relazioni internazionali: una visione integrale (ITA), International Institute J. Maritain, Matera, September, 2015.
-Istituzioni e economia al servizio della persona (ITA), Notes et Documents, International Institute Jacques Maritain, December 2014, issue n° 29.
Matteo Laruffa 2017 @ All Rights Reserved